Saturday 28 June 2014

Shoe shopping experiences and how my feet have shrunk.

Hello!

Last weekend I hit the shops in search of some new shoes. I generally dislike shoe shopping as I see a pair of shoes I love and do they have my size? No. 

(weheartit.com)

The first shop I went into was Primark. The Primark I went to was mahoosive and it took me about half an hour to find the shoe section. I knew I had reached my destination as the floor seemed to be wearing shoes. I wish people would put the shoes they have tried on back where they found them after they have finished. Maybe that's why I never find my size. I was looking for a simple pair of grey plimsolls. I love to wear plimsolls out-and-about in the summer as they are super comfy.

Since my feet have stopped growing I have been a size 6. Either my feet have shrunk or the measurements of shoe production have changed, I am no longer a 6. I'm a 5. 

I spotted a pair of size 5 grey plimsols, tried them on and they fitted! Woo! Also, they were reduced from £6 to £3. Bargain!

Next, I headed over to New Look. New Look have a great variety of shoes and are reasonably priced. I was looking for a pair of pumps this time. I picked up a pair of black pumps that I liked, a size 5, because that's what I am now and tried them on. It always makes me laugh how you have to do this weird walk when you try on shoes. You never walk in that way normally. And the way you feel for your big toe as if it might be missing or something! The size 5 was too small. For a second I thought my feet had expanded back to their original size. I tried on the 6 and I think both of my feet might have fitted in the same shoe, they were so big. I gave up. I wish everywhere did half sizes.


I also went into H&M but had the same problem there so wont bore you with the same story again. 

At this point, I'd had enough of shoe shopping for one day and so headed into Starbucks for a cheeky frappuccino. I know I behind with the hype, but this was my first frappuccino. I went for the Strawberries and Cream one and oh my it was lovely. It would be such a great drink on a hot day. 

And finally for dinner we paid a visit to Pizza Hut. I can't remember which pizza I had but it was good. I love Pizza Hut as you get the salad bar too. For dessert I shared a white chocolate and raspberry cookie dough. I had a voucher for a dessert and so we got this for free. Bonus. 

Thanks for reading, 

Love,
L

1 comment:

  1. Great post,love!
    xoxo Antonella

    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete